Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying last years Masi Apex with all SRAM components. I'm getting 25% off the MSRP which works out ot be about $1632 all in. I ride long distance on good roads and love hills. Is this the right bike for me? I'm willing to spend anywhere from 1600-2200 and I want a carbon bike. This deal seems to good to turn down. I like the look and the feel of the bike.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have that same bike and I love mine! Had it about 4 months now and about 800 miles. It was my first bike in over 20 years and like you, I wanted a nice entry level carbon bike. Got a smokin deal on it and couldn't pass it up. It was down to the Masi and a Giant Defy Comp. Love the fact that I've yet to see another person with another one in my area. I did change out the saddle for a Toupe and changed the bar tape to black Lizard Skin. I couldn't ask for a better bike for the money.

Get it, you'll be stoked!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I got the bike and I have about 400 miles on it so far and I'm loving it. I will change the bar tape and probably upgrade the wheels over the next few months.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I got the bike and I have about 400 miles on it so far and I'm loving it. I will change the bar tape and probably upgrade the wheels over the next few months.
Congrats!! I'm actually in the process of piecing together wheel parts for a new wheel build and just picked up a Force RD with a 11-28 cassette on the way as well.

I just gave mine the first real tune up after about 750 miles. Glad to have another Masi owner on the board, we are few and far between I think.

Chive On,
Brandon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.