Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a white 361 with the red, www.lookcycle.com emblazoned on both sides of the TT and again on both sides of the non-drive side chainstay. Would love to mask the frame off, prime those areas and paint over with a matching white. Anyone have knowledge of matching paint in a spray can?

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
mainframe said:
I have a white 361 with the red, www.lookcycle.com emblazoned on both sides of the TT and again on both sides of the non-drive side chainstay. Would love to mask the frame off, prime those areas and paint over with a matching white. Anyone have knowledge of matching paint in a spray can?
White is a very hard color to match. You can try on automotive paint supply company or if it's a 51cm, sell it to me :)

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
White is a very hard color to match. You can try on automotive paint supply company or if it's a 51cm, sell it to me :)
Another Idea that will work much better. Those are decals under clear coat. Gently sand the area until the decals are gone and then clear coat the area again. It would be much easier than trying to match the white paint.

Again, the easiest is sell it to me if it's a 51cm

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting..

Dave Hickey said:
Another Idea that will work much better. Those are decals under clear coat. Gently sand the area until the decals are gone and then clear coat the area again. It would be much easier than trying to match the white paint.

Again, the easiest is sell it to me if it's a 51cm
I might try some 600 wet paper and see what comes off. Can always re-clearcoat in a pinch. Also, and in deference to one's much needed sleep, the frame is a 55.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
mainframe said:
I might try some 600 wet paper and see what comes off. Can always re-clearcoat in a pinch. Also, and in deference to one's much needed sleep, the frame is a 55.
[email protected]!!! Good luck and let me know how it turns out. I've done it with carbon cranks. It worked fine. Just be very careful sanding. The white is pretty thick but you don't want to sand though it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.