Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought mavic ksyrium slr shimano hub, 11 speeds.
And I want to use my 10 speeds cassette but I don't know why but even with the mavic 1.85 spacer + the regular shimano spacer there is still a play on my cassette, do I need to add another 1mm spacer?
Thanks

Envoyé de mon LG-D852 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
You should not have to.
I have a set of Ksyrium SLs; with both spacers I run Shimano 10s, with just the Shimano spacer I run Shimano 11s cassettes.

Are you sure the play is not from a worn out freehub?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I bought mavic ksyrium slr shimano hub, 11 speeds.
And I want to use my 10 speeds cassette but I don't know why but even with the mavic 1.85 spacer + the regular shimano spacer there is still a play on my cassette, do I need to add another 1mm spacer?
Thanks

Yep finally the play seems to be in the free hub. But i took apart the free hub and everything seems to be ok.

·
Registered
21,638 Posts
Yep finally the play seems to be in the free hub. But i took apart the free hub and everything seems to be ok.
If the play was from "not enough spacers" then the cogs would wiggle on the freehub. If the freehub itself is wiggling, then obviously it's not a spacer issue. This is easy to check.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I bought a bike a while ago with Aksiums that handle 11 speed cassettes, and it had 2 of the 1.85mm spacers for my 10 speed cassette, so maybe it's that, if the freehub is in good shape. HTH.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you.. The white bushing is a little bit tired inside...;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts