Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· extremely biased
874 Posts
They are built like a bricks**t house. I have a guy on a pair that managed to break an R3 frame and he has yet to tear them up. He's 6'4" and 260 pounds.......... You'll be fine.

I use them for my training wheels and they are bombproof.

As an aside what does average speed have to do with buying a set of wheels? Enlighten the guy............ Tell him what wheel you think are better at that price.

Also don't buy the premium. It has a Ti axel in the rear and comes with Ti QRs. Get the Std SL and buy some KCNC QRs of you worried about the weight. Speaking of weight, these are not light buy any stretch. My standard SLs are 1700+ with rim tape but one you get up to speed they are like having cruise control.

Starnut

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have too many friends using these for several months,
one of them is a clydesdale 230 pounder rider, the rest are 178 to 185.
I read too many reviews about wheels are bomb prof, some people complain about weight which is not a big issue for me, others complain that is not a full carbon wheel, but is not a big issue for me, My lBS offer to me brand new Carbone SL premium for $1300.00 ( 5 business day to get it from distributor).

I have p2c(51) & Issac Force full record too and my actual wheels are the eurus and I'm very happy with it. But it is time time know to looking for something more aero, specially for my p2.

· extremely biased
874 Posts
I don't find them overly harsh and I'm 148 lbs. I think ride quality has more to do with tire choice and pressure than anything. That being said......... they are wicked stiff.

I live in a place that has the dubious distinction of having "the worst roads and bridges in America." I'm not going to argue as our roads suck............ bad. I don't notice them (the wheels) being uncomfortable on what passes for a road around here.

Starnut

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had a zipp 404 about 3 years ago, a little disappoint with these, a little flexy and not felt secure. a week later after mount these, one spoke pullout a little of the rim and notice a tiny crack. LBS the the beginning refuse to send for warranty but that another story ,but finally zipp replaced the rim. I guess what, EBAY with it......Now Zipp is overprice.

zipp=competition only:mad2:
mavic& eurus= all day use:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.