Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought a cannondale supersix that came with mavic es wheels,I have a set of 2005 zipp 303 wheels that have been hassle free so far. Just wanted your guys opinions on which one I should keep since I really don't need both. Thanks for any help

·
No Crybabies
11,684 Posts
racing?

mike25f said:
Hi I just bought a cannondale supersix that came with mavic es wheels,I have a set of 2005 zipp 303 wheels that have been hassle free so far. Just wanted your guys opinions on which one I should keep since I really don't need both. Thanks for any help
Both of these are clinchers?

I have both. If I were racing, I'd keep the 303s. For everything else, I like Ksyriums. Despite a few reported bad experiences, Ksyriums have always served me well, from the original to the ES.

Most importantly, do the red accents on the ES go with your bike? ;-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are clinchers and the red does go with the bike which does make it look cool. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
217 Posts
303's will be faster, no doubt. I'd keep the zipp's and i don't love zipps but i really don't like mavics. Box rim with huge bladed alum spokes that ride harsh. No contest.

Justin

yes, i owned a set of SL's with the black spokes. They served me great but i just found better options for the same or less money.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
if it were me, i'd sell the ES if they are a new take-off. You'd get decent money off ebay for them - whereas you will get punished on the zipps as they are a bit old now.

Even if you ended up selling the zipps - you could always go custom with the proceeds which are better than the ES IMO...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts