Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

mavic freehub body?

1621 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Lombard
Is a mavic ksysrium elite freehub body interchangeable with a shimano freehub body?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I didn't figure it was. I had a buddy call who had a problematic mavic freehub body and a shimano wheel laying around. Thank you very much for your knowledge.
You mean like off a Shimano wheelset? No, they're not compatible, as the pawls and freehub teeth design are completely different. Even if you could somehow mount the freehub, it would never engage.
If he's having trouble with the freehub, it probably just needs to be disassembled, cleaned, and re-lubed. I just did this for the first time on my Ksyriums a couple of weeks ago. There are videos on youtube that show this process in depth, and it's quite easy to do. At the very most, the freehub may need a new bushing like this, which is only $13.
Someone can help please,l have a mavic R-sys jersey,rear wheel needs to replace its freehub Magic, Does anyone know which freehub I need??
Someone can help please,l have a mavic R-sys jersey,rear wheel needs to replace its freehub Magic, Does anyone know which freehub I need??
How many speeds on your cassette?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts