Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently received a new Mavic Allroad wheelset. It came with all the adapters to convert between QR, 12mm and 15mm TA. The rear wheel came with the QR installed, and now I am trying to fit the caps in the rear for 12mm x 142.

I am having trouble getting the end caps on, and I'm not sure how I should go about it. I can't get them in to save my life. It appears as though the inside of the caps have a little ridge that should fit into a corresponding valley on the spline. Does anybody have any experience with these?

They have no threads like previous Mavic hubs for the axle conversions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well, I ended up figuring it out.

If you have this wheelset, know that the rear axle adapters are pressfit. I ended up making one of those homemade presses out of a threaded rod, washers, and flange nuts.

It was a (possibly expensive) risk, but a few turns of the press and the axle conversion caps seated perfectly. Thanks to all this that gave this thread a look!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am not entirely sure they are "press fit", but they do have a rubber O ring that is a little bit of a bugger. I had the same issue last week. A little grease and a bigger hammer got mine on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts