Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, 1st post.

Just wanted some feedback on the Mavic es's. I have just purchased a pair and wondered if anyone had any views on them. If they ride as good as they look then i'll be well happy. Absolutey gorgeous wheels. Would grace any Starbucks too!
Doing this a bit arse-about-face i know but I did some research and got some favourable reviews so went with them.
And what should i cover them with. Prorace3 seem to be the obvious but again would welcome your comments.

Regards Steve

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have been using the ES's on my road bike for 2 years....knock on wood....have yet to touch them with a wrench. My only complaint is that they are pretty "harsh" riding and we have a lot of crappy roads.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ES Experience

I purchased my ES around 2007 and last year one of the rear spokes just snaped off at the nipple while coasting downhill. Luckily my daughter (who was just got her drivers license) was able to pick me up (I was about 10 miles from home). The spoke was replaced by my LBS (who had them in stock). So far so good, but not sure why that spoke snapped.

The wheels are stiff and harsh so adjust your air pressure on your tires accordingly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys,
I've yet to ride them as i'm still building. My steed is due back from my LBS tomorrow so will be putting it together and out soon as.

Thanks again Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts