Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real newbe at purchasing wheels. Could someone tell me if these are the same wheels from a different model year or if they are different. I've been looking for a set of the SL's and found a few on Ebay, but they are described as SSC SL's. thanks

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Black ones are from 2003 or prior, 2004 and 2005 are the same and all silver, 2006 are silver but with CF or yellow hub in front. You will see them as SL, SSC SL, SL2, SL3, ...

For the most part they are the same, with minor changes in color and hub materials.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is there a picture?

SSC is Mavic's designation for their race-level offerings. (Special Service Courses) They have a wide range of products with this designation. They have had a road rim with the designation as well as numerous mountain bike offerings. I would not assume that because they have the "SSC" designation they are Ksyrium wheels. As with anything on E-Bay, BUYER BEWARE! Ask the seller for a picture and ask the question directly from the seller.

With that said, most likely they are Ksyriums, but I wouldn't make that assumption.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.