Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried on a pair of Zxellium shoes today. Had to drive over an hour to try them on and no one in the bay area has them! They fit good but I'm looking to see if anyone has actually ridden them? I could of sworn I saw a review and it said something about the cleat holes being closer to the toes than other shoes but I can't find that review. So... anyone have a review?

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
i just bought a pair of the avenir. i've only put 50 miles on them. but the quality seems to be there. they fit me very well. i have very narrow feet with high arches. they haave ample support and fit very true to size. i ordered a 10.5 US and actually received a 10.5! :)
one item that stands out is they are very breathable and that feels good. i wish i could afford the more expensive pairs, i guess....but the initial impression is the avenir cannot be beat for $130...though i paid $110. i have ridden diadoras for the past 5 or 6 years and the mavics are comparable!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
JohnHenry said:
i just bought a pair of the avenir. i've only put 50 miles on them. but the quality seems to be there. they fit me very well. i have very narrow feet with high arches. they haave ample support and fit very true to size. i ordered a 10.5 US and actually received a 10.5! :)
one item that stands out is they are very breathable and that feels good. i wish i could afford the more expensive pairs, i guess....but the initial impression is the avenir can be beat for $130...though i paid $110. i have ridden diadoras for the past 5 or 6 years and the mavics are comparable!
I've been riding Diadora for a while as well. Can you get your cleats in the same position with the Mavics as compared to the Diadoras? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm riding the Mavic Pro and it is the best shoe I've had.

Very comfortable, good buckling system, compfortable in the toe box -- a very high quality shoe. I have a few hundred miles on them, and I'm very happy with them.

Shocktch: can you call the shop where you tried them and ask them if the could compare the cleat position to other shoes they have?

My cleat position seems normal, perfect and comfortable-- and my Looks have a 1/2" fore/aft adjustment. Wouldn't that compensate for any adjustments you may need?

Joseph

·
Registered
156 Posts
shocktch45 said:
So I tried on a pair of Zxellium shoes today. Had to drive over an hour to try them on and no one in the bay area has them! They fit good but I'm looking to see if anyone has actually ridden them? I could of sworn I saw a review and it said something about the cleat holes being closer to the toes than other shoes but I can't find that review. So... anyone have a review?
What shop did you go to where they had these to try on? Did they have the lower end Avenir's as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts