Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am currently debating the purchase of the Mavic system or the new Cat Eye set-up, both wireless and cadence capable. I think I like the Cat Eye with it's color coded screen that can display 4 different stats (speed, cadence, distance, lap time) over the dual display Mavic. Only problem; seems everyone is backordered on them :(

·
Registered
676 Posts
[Only problem; seems everyone is backordered on them :([/QUOTE]
Who else is offering the Cateye (CD3000DW) besides Performance (that's the only place I've seen it advertised.....available in mid-April)?? I'm ditching the Vetta 100 Wireless.....the speedometer works ok, but once the cadence starts acting up, you may as well pitch it...the rear transducer is very finicky and has to be adjusted 'justtttt right'...a real pain in the @ss.... I wonder if the Cateye unit is going to be as reliable as the Mity 3.
The only price I've seen is about $150......any other prices????

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I've read somewhere about the wireless with wireless cadence causing interference with a HRM. Has anyone had that problem?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I too have the Vetta system and hate the darn thing!! The cadence is worthless... I just took a look, and the Cat Eye website doesn't even have the thing listed!! Oh well, I guess Performance will just have to take som more of my tax return...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just based on looks...

dicklynn0585 said:
Has anyone tried the Mavic wireless speed and wireless cadence computer?
I just saw one on a friend's bike today... I had mixed feelings. The computer is quite large and for some reason he had it attached to his stem and not the bars. It looked big and bulky compared to other smaller faced computers. Also, the skewer sensor was a bit larger than it appeared in the magazines, although the fork looked cleaner without the sensor.

The lower set of numbers also seemed kind of small. Might be hard to read for some people. He said the cadence could only be read on the bottom level and not in the larger top numbers.

·
lyleseven
490 Posts
It works fine with HR Monitor..

and it is supposed to be mounted to stem instead of handlebars. It is great looking and I get lots of complements on it. If I had to change anything I would have the lower numbers enlarged. The Cateye does display more readouts, however.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm in limbo again

SpeedyGonzales said:
I
The lower set of numbers also seemed kind of small. Might be hard to read for some people. He said the cadence could only be read on the bottom level and not in the larger top numbers.
I don't know why these Mfgrs. think I need every bit of data displayed at once.....my personal preference is to have the Cadence displayed in relatively large numerals and the speed displayed in smaller numerals (as with the Flight Deck....which I have on my DA group, but the Campy R10 group is another matter). The only speed indicator I need is to make sure my buds don't drop me :). I'll probably buy another wireless Vetta 100 Speed/Cadence (kiss off another $95) and wait until Sept/Oct to hear what everyone's opinions are regarding the Cateye and Mavic units ...
I don't like having to replace my Ti skewers with a bulky looking Mavic transducer/skewer or having 4 displays on the Cateye 'puter....simultaneous displays of distance and riding time doesn't mean a thing to me except for when I log the ride afterwards...other than that, it's useless (to me).
I haven't heard anything positive about the Ergobrain and I'll buy one if there is nothing else on the market..

·
Registered
985 Posts
I am going to wait until I can examine the pickup. I have a problem with locating the wheel pickup with Nimble wheels. The pickup is always too far away from the spoke and I have to improvise the mounting to get it close enough.

·
Registered
197 Posts
stay away from the Vetta wireless; the speed works fine, but the cadence is for sh!t. If you're thinking of upgrading to the Mavic or Cateye or another expensive model just buy a cheap wired computer to hold you over...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts