Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here was my May:

After a 560 mile April in only 4 rides, May was a bit of a let down. I had to throw away two weekends for work and weddings. I also started the month a little gimpy. Taiwan is unpredictably rainy at this time of year, so it is impossible to make really solid plans for riding.

1) I managed to get in a little hill climbing up to "Big Snowy Mountain", which goes from farms and jungle to fur trees in just a few miles. I wasn't out to do anything special... just ride. It was beautiful, sunny and hot.

2) A few of us went on a 40 mile ride up "Plum Mountain". I was a little pissed off that we had missed a turn and not everyone could back track and make the full trip as originally planned; an 80 mile slugfest at 10,000ft. That will be reserved for next time. It was still a nice day through the tea farms where old ladies still pick the tea by hand. There was one wonderful valley where the women were picking tea while two eagles chased each other through the valley.

3) Last weekend it was supposed to be rainy, but we managed to head off down the hill to some towns on the coast. 50 miles of taking it easy.

4) The following day a friend came out to join in some "flat hills". We had a nasty headwind and our best effort taking turns pulling only managed to get up to 18mph. The landscape was mainly in the mud flats by the ocean where several concrete overpasses cross. It is a surreal area.

June looks to be a good month before my big American vacation. :thumbsup:

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Your pic skills keep getting better. Awesome stuff.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha! I did a safari of the factories, but the frame makers are extremely secretive regarding their other clients. I was chased away from Kinesis. I was able to approach a couple small frame makers, but there is so much at stake they really can't afford to have pictures on the internet of a stack of Colnagos or Orbeas in Taiwan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.