Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have read of the ride MB1 is organizing on the east coast and wonder if anyone would like to try something similar out here this spring. Haven't ridden that far fixed yet, but that is a goal for this year. FWIW I know of a route in Sonoma Co. that would work well, but maybe somewhere else?? (crossposted this to the Northern CA forum if anyone wants to reply)

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
would love ti

ukiahb said:
Have read of the ride MB1 is organizing on the east coast and wonder if anyone would like to try something similar out here this spring. Haven't ridden that far fixed yet, but that is a goal for this year. FWIW I know of a route in Sonoma Co. that would work well, but maybe somewhere else?? (crossposted this to the Northern CA forum if anyone wants to reply)
Would love to if I can make time. Around here in Fresno that would be some good routes, too. Did a hard fixed ride yesterday, and it felt great.

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
I'd join in if it'd work out.

Depends on where and when. I'm from the bay area and Sonoma Co. is easy for me. Hwy 128, Russian River area, Napa Valley all would be pretty and not too steep.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The route I had in mind includes Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Healdsburg, Russian River, etc... Did it on a geared bike as a 95 mile club ride last summer, and it would be ideal for fixed gear, no steep climbs, and not much climbing at all really....but the Bay Area, Central Valley, etc. would be OK too

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe a SRCC club ride/century on 3/6??

hmmm.....not so much interest at this time, maybe later in the year would be better....but a Santa Rosa Cycling Club century ride is coming up on March 6th that looks ideal for fixed gear, is basically the route I had in mind anyway, plan to attempt it fixed. FWIW the details (from bikecal.com) are...

Date: Saturday, March 06, 2004
Powell’s Level Century (sort of)
2/B/100 (many bailouts)
8:00 AM • Cotati Dog Park
R on Myrtle > L on Old Red > R on Railroad > L on Stony Pt > R on Jewett > R on Pepper > R on Bodega > R on Pet-Valley Ford > Hwy 1 > R on Valley Ford-Freestone > R on Bod-ega > L on Boho > L on Moscow (rest stop Duncans Mills) > R on River Rd > R on Sunset > R on Westside (rest stop H’burg) > H’burg Ave > Old Red > L on Limerick > R on Los Amigos > L on Arata > Hembree (rest stop Windsor) > R on Shiloh > L on Skylane > Laughlin > Woolsey > L on Wood > R on Fulton > L on Sebastopol Rd > R on Corp Center > L on North Pt > R on Stony Pt > L on West Sierra > R on Valparaiso to the park. Nancy Rappolt—795-8397 Rose Mello—543-5889

1 - 5 of 5 Posts