1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
In many small towns in the US, nobody lives more than 200 m from their church/bar/grocery store--- and yet everyone drives everywhere. It blows my mind. You really only need a car to leave town--- or carry something large.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Back when I lived in an APT, I would see people drive to the dumpster with their trash, and then back to their apt and park the car and go inside. Total trip of maybe 200m? My wife has a coworker who drives about 1/2 mile to work, and still manages to ***** about gas prices??? Guy I work with drives to work, 2 mile round trip? We work 48 hours shifts, so even just walking that distance would be extremely practical. Things like that I just don't get?

BUT...
IMO, for a great number of us in the U.S., mass transit is unavailable or extremely impractical. There is also the fact that many just don't want the inconvenience of mass transit. For me it is just not available, so I ride my bike. There are people are just too lazy to try a new means of getting to work. As well as a great many other factors and "excuses" people use.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.