Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, okay, so he's not, but I wanted to join the party.

Let's see, Spanish rider, out of the blue awesome results for a time, then doesn't produce much of anything after that.

I wonder why that could be? ||--[00e0p0o0)>-------

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Hmm...

Argentius said:

Let's see, Spanish rider, out of the blue awesome results for a time, then doesn't produce much of anything after that.

Could it be? I wonder?? Could it be, SATAN!

(Say in your best Church Lady voice ala Dana Carvery Saturday Night Live circa 1990)

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
Argentius said:

nice drawing.

·
Cipo's long lost cousin
975 Posts
Beloki

Not sure about Mayo but Beloki seemed competitive in the Euskal Bizikleta. Glad to see that he's coming around (even though his Wurth Team is a little screwed up right now)...

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Steve-O said:
Not sure about Mayo but Beloki seemed competitive in the Euskal Bizikleta. Glad to see that he's coming around (even though his Wurth Team is a little screwed up right now)...
I wasn't sure what to make of that. He seems to have done pretty good most days but nothing impressive and probably would have finished in the top 10 but lost around 12 minutes one of the days in the mountains. Encouraging signs, maybe he was ill or something else that one day?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Easy to forget that it was Mayo--not Basso, Ullrich, or Hamilton--who stuck with Armstrong (for a while) in that crazy ride up Luz Ardiden in 2003.

If you go back and watch that ride again, you'll notice another Postal rider in the group with Lance that last climb--trusty George Hincapie.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Argentius said:

The way OLN talked about him on Sunday - it sounded like he was back.

Where is the Rooster when you need him? (he's the guy the only posts new threads "iban mayo will win the tdf".

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
Mayo looked OK in the Fleche Wallon and LBL, let's see how he fares in the mountain stages in the Dauphiné.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Argentius said:

a eurosport.com viewer thinks he has a chance on le mont-ventoux today.

""Today Mayo is back!" writes Ricardo from Essex. "He has been feeling well in the last stages and in the Tour of the Basque Country did show a couple of interesting things""

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.