Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were NNCing way out west yesterday (a ride report will follow soon) on the Tow Path when I noticed all the pretty flowers. I decided we needed to get back there today with the good camera.

It sure starts to get heavy after 40 miles but they sure are photogenic.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I read this thread title wrong.

joe

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Scweet.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
MB1 said:
Miss M loves that brand!

I figgered as much, you always have Ice Cream in your threads and I am big fan of the blue bell. If you make your way through TexAss on your cross country I'll have to treat you to some local selections after a long ride.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I looks like Miss M is leaving you behind while you take pics. That's what happens to me. Sure was worth it though.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Oh my! , that about sums it up for me.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I thought you said blueballs.

Nonetheless, I LOVE the 4th shot (the one where the initial foreground with the flowers is out of focus, then it goes into focus and the background leading to the trail is out of focus).

Absolutely love that shot.

Which camera did you use?

//How in the hell do you get great weather when people in Colorado and such have snow still falling? Idjuct! :D

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
uzziefly said:
I thought you said blueballs.

Nonetheless, I LOVE the 4th shot (the one where the initial foreground with the flowers is out of focus, then it goes into focus and the background leading to the trail is out of focus).

Absolutely love that shot.

Which camera did you use?

//How in the hell do you get great weather when people in Colorado and such have snow still falling? Idjuct! :D
1) You, Joe and Andrea > Mind/Gutter/Out :rolleyes:

2) I like that shot a lot too. Canon 5D using the 100/f2.8 Macro lens wide open. :thumbsup:

3) As you well know; the USA is a big country and it takes weather a while to move around. Saturday and Sunday were beautiful around DC, today it is cold and raining and will remain that way for a few days. So it goes..... :cryin:

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
MB1 said:
I decided we needed to get back there today with the good camera.

It sure starts to get heavy after 40 miles but they sure are photogenic.
I've started taking my DSLR on longer rides with my lumbar lowepro. I've done 60 without a problem, I don't even think about it as long as I have only one lens. I took the telezoom along with the wide zoom on Sat and could feel the difference although I got some good shots. After seeing the photos I've taken, the missus wants me to take it on our 5 day summer tour. I guess I've got myself locked into a corner of carrying a load on my back. Call me mule.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VaughnA said:
I've started taking my DSLR on longer rides with my lumbar lowepro. I've done 60 without a problem, I don't even think about it as long as I have only one lens. I took the telezoom along with the wide zoom on Sat and could feel the difference although I got some good shots. After seeing the photos I've taken, the missus wants me to take it on our 5 day summer tour. I guess I've got myself locked into a corner of carrying a load on my back. Call me mule.
On your body is o.k. once in a while but if you plan to carry a DSLR and a lens or 2 very often and very far it is likely time for a rack and a rack top bag. That will give it more protection in a crash too..... :eek:

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
MB1 said:
On your body is o.k. once in a while but if you plan to carry a DSLR and a lens or 2 very often and very far it is likely time for a rack and a rack top bag. That will give it more protection in a crash too..... :eek:
I may try that for the tours, mainly because it will be fairly hot and the lumbar may get a bit warm. I do like the ability to just stop, move it to the side and shoot. Believe it or not, I'm not too worried about the camera. I've got less money in it than my old P&S and I could replace it with the same pretty cheaply. I figure if my body can handle it, why not take the good camera?

And I'm starting to lean your way on the Raw/Jpeg decision. I'm taking less raw and more Jpeg. I rarely print photos, I mainly post them on one of my sites, here or in the pentax forums. Jpeg does just fine so far with a lot less hassle.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
VaughnA said:
I may try that for the tours, mainly because it will be fairly hot and the lumbar may get a bit warm. I do like the ability to just stop, move it to the side and shoot. Believe it or not, I'm not too worried about the camera. ....
You might think about a handlebar bag. Very easy to get the camera out of there, keeps the weight off you and still fairly protected in a crash.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
The contrast between the fresh green of emerging leaves and the monochromatic grey-brown of the forest floor is just about my favorite color contrast in nature. These pictures are beautiful. I like Miss M's jersey too.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
MB1 said:
1) You, Joe and Andrea > Mind/Gutter/Out :rolleyes:

2) I like that shot a lot too. Canon 5D using the 100/f2.8 Macro lens wide open. :thumbsup:

3) As you well know; the USA is a big country and it takes weather a while to move around. Saturday and Sunday were beautiful around DC, today it is cold and raining and will remain that way for a few days. So it goes..... :cryin:
I swear I still read it as blueballs :D

Me, Joe and Andrea are the only ones who SAID something about it actually. :p

Wait, so, you focused where we all can see the focal point right? That gives the out of focus effect for the other places in the frame I suppose.

Damn, I only wish there were nice areas like that to take pictures of over here. I probably need to start riding with my camera more (in other areas other than my usual route of course since that isn't very scenic) but I don't like the idea of having a camera bag slung on me as I ride, especially since I like to stand up from time to time (on a small-ish gear too). That would make it awkward I suppose.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts