Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Casey claims they were using new video equipment which does not explain why there are pictures of the real winner on the podium for the 45's and he's not listed in the results. I seem to remember you doing this race last year, 27th I think so you know how hard it is to get in the top ten. Last year it was pretty much a bunch sprint. This year was especially hard with head and side winds and at the end there was no real bunch. By my calculations I finished 10th but was not listed. If I go by the results, I would have finished 7th as the person in front of me was listed as 6th. It also does not look like they will ever get corrected.

·
Bike Addict
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wheel_suker said:
\ I finished 10th but was not listed. If I go by the results, I would have finished 7th as the person in front of me was listed as 6th. It also does not look like they will ever get corrected.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Nice job, that is a great result! So did the 45 race in a spring or did a group get away? Who were the top finishers?
That REALLY sucks that you will never get credit for the race result!

·
Registered
162 Posts
There was one guy off the front Marco Hellman from Fralock. There was a another break which we caught with a few miles to go. What was left of the bunch shattered on the last 5 miles. I'm pretty sure Pete Allen of AMD masters won the sprint for 2nd place with Mark Caldwell somewhere there too.

·
Bike Addict
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wheel_suker said:
There was one guy off the front Marco Hellman from Fralock. There was a another break which we caught with a few miles to go. What was left of the bunch shattered on the last 5 miles. I'm pretty sure Pete Allen of AMD masters won the sprint for 2nd place with Mark Caldwell somewhere there too.
Hellman is strong, I know him from MTB racing...impressive.

·
The view is the reward
417 Posts
wheel_suker said:
Casey claims they were using new video equipment... It also does not look like they will ever get corrected.
That's quite shooking. Using untested equipment as the only source of results for such a large event? Seems like bad judgement was the real problem.

·
Bike Addict
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
steephill said:
That's quite shooking. Using untested equipment as the only source of results for such a large event? Seems like bad judgement was the real problem.
Check out the thread http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=54642&goto=newpost
The guy who was running the camera for the results tells exactly what went wrong. I heard from someone that Hellman actually broke away early on in the race and just rode Solo??? Thats amazing if it's true.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Merced Rant: Im a local here in Merced and look forward to the races that are held here each year on two ajoining weekends. The city Merced and McClane Pacific both put alot of effort and money into presenting this race each year. I just wish that someone taken the time to repair a number of large pot holes that littered this years course back by the old courthouse prior to the two race weekends. Morgan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts