Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a band concert last night at my kid's school, so before we all stopped at McDonalds. As we looked at the menu board, we realized they had removed almost everything except the combo meals. They didn't even have fries listed alone! To the side I did notice a Starbucks type coffee machine and a really detailed menu for coffee, but then my wife had to ask the mumbling teenager to read off salad choices from his register. They didn't have kids meals listed at all. My daughter had to listen to the same mumbler read to her.

I did find one small corner with the dollar menu listed, probably half the font of the rest. I used to always get the $1 double cheeseburger, but it listed the McDouble. When I asked the kid, he said the McDouble was the same burger, but 1 slice of "cheese" instead of 2. A double cheese was $1.29. Really? In what world does it make sense to have two different sandwiches differentiated by only one slice of cheese.

I know McDonalds food is probably killing me slowly, but I would at least like to pick my poison myself. What's up with half the menu not being listed? I hadn't been there in about a month, so is this what they are all going to?

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i rarely go. it is confusing, and people act like you are from space when you cant understand the odd lingo and lack of "menu."

i tragically went to KFC this past weekend (long story). if you think the golden arches menu is bad, at KFC you need a decoder ring. four options were listed. seriously. and this was in a really big one.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Own Private Idaho said:
You go there? I haven't set foot in a McDonalds since the Carl's Junior opened in town. Iffen I'm going to kill myself I might as well enjoy it.
I actually really enjoy their nasty greasy double cheeseburgers.

I ended up paying the $1.29 for the extra slice of cheese.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.