Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yea, sexy. I've always wondered about the whole rear brake on a fixed thing. Wonder meaning it makes me shake my head. But, no harm done. I think I'm showing my age here but oldfixguy doesn't feel the love with carbon. Looks good. That's for sure. But, something makes my nose turn up with anything carbon. I'l work on getting over it. Ha ha. I have high hopes for belt drive systems as a whole. I think it is an absolute advancement. I'll gladly have 2 or 3 belts laying around to accomodate say a 16, 17 and 18 tooth cog. Get a new chainring size? I'm good with putting a crowbar in my wallet for a fresh belt. That sort of thing. So, despite my own bias against the choice of frame material I say good job. They sure aren't giving it away, though. Ouch.

·
The Trollinator
722 Posts

·
The Trollinator
722 Posts
mushroomking said:
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/urban/district/districtcarbon/

This has to be one of the sexiest fixies I think I've ever seen. But I cant have it!:cryin:
Note too sure about the carbon-belt drive, though. That means that either (1) the frame has a breakable section to add the carbon belt, or (2) the belt is pinned, and therefore inferior.

Gimme a chain and a sugino chainset,plz!

·
No Crybabies
11,684 Posts
slick

mushroomking said:
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/urban/district/districtcarbon/

This has to be one of the sexiest fixies I think I've ever seen. But I cant have it!:cryin:
Pretty slick looking, but I lean toward a more classic look for a fixed gear, like steel and lots of polished aluminum. I would not mind having this as an extra one, though, but it's pretty pricey for just an extra bike.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
I don't mind posing with this bike at my local coffee hangout. :D

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
It is a little hard to imagine the target market for this bike. I don't know many people who want (AND CAN AFFORD) to tool around the town on a $3400, CF, fixed bike.

·
Registered
95 Posts
f3rg said:
65.7GI is w-e-a-k!!! I wonder if they sell a smaller cog for those of use with real legs.
This hurt my feelings. And my ego. And my sense of self worth. Oh, wait. I'm old. OK. All better now.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
We're old, but cool....

·
pedalpedalpedal
896 Posts
I saw an old guy on a SS today, just cruising up a hill. Looked down at his derailer to see what cog he was in, only to discover he only had the one! Made me proud.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I am old too (47) and prefer 77-82 GI on the road. But then I do train a lot and race mtb singlespeed where I use 51-53 GI.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts