16,132 Posts
How much is scrap Ti worth?

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much is scrap Ti worth?
Google says $15 to $30/lb.

FWIW, this guy's last 'project' was re-habbing a Mississippi Schwinn he found on the street, which ended up with him breaking the frame, then spending $150 for a framebuilder to repair his $200 bike. Oh, he also makes Youtube videos where he finds classic cars parked on the streets of NYC, then makes videos of them without asking permission from the car owners. I predict that his career will end poorly...

·
Administrator
13,053 Posts
1. you don't need permission to film a car parked on a public street, especially in the manner he is doing so.
2. Bike positive stories and posts on a car forum are a good thing for us, don't gatekeep.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I laughed when I read that he "noticed a few weeks ago that someone had tried to steal the bike", so after a failed attempt to find the owner, he "ended up liberating the bike myself". Yeah, that makes it alright.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,132 Posts
Google says $15 to $30/lb.

FWIW, this guy's last 'project' was re-habbing a Mississippi Schwinn he found on the street, which ended up with him breaking the frame, then spending $150 for a framebuilder to repair his $200 bike. Oh, he also makes Youtube videos where he finds classic cars parked on the streets of NYC, then makes videos of them without asking permission from the car owners. I predict that his career will end poorly...
As long as the plates aren't visible, I don't see a problem.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,237 Posts
I never understood that concern. Lots of folks blur their plates when posting to the VW forum I'm on. Anyone on the road can see your plates, what difference does it make if they see them on the web too?
I guess the thinking is that if you post the plate info on the Information Superhighway, the billions of Netizens who are surfing the InfoSuperHwy will be able use nefarious methods to find out who you are and where your car is parked.

Complications will ensue.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,132 Posts
You don't? You've never seen an irate person yelling "DAFUQ YOU DOIN' WITH MY CAR????".
It's not like I'm physically touching it when I take a photo of it.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
16,132 Posts
If it's an Amish car... go with me on this... you might be offending the owner by taking a graven image of said vehicle.

It's certainly something to consider.
Even if it's a tintype?

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Next to the Daguerreotype, the tintype is the most blasphemous type.

I live near Amish country. I can double check that next time my wife and I take a Sunday drive to Lancaster County to gawk at the Amish.
At least you'll never hear "Why dontcha take a picture, it'll last longer".

1 - 20 of 35 Posts