Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We, the Mediocre...
49 Posts
Ironically, I just found out about them yesterday and wrote inquiring about a Rigida Score rim I was looking for. I got a polite email back within 24 hours from Barbara Pinto discussing their stock. I've not ordered anything yet but they seem nice so far. Drop them a line or call.

·
Chili hed & old bike fixr
1,197 Posts
They have been around since Christ was a pup. I bought a Gitane TdF from them in the mid 1960's. Mel Pinto was a forerunner in importing Euro Racing bikes when Schwinn was about the only thing around in the USA that was worth anything. They have never been known as a discount operation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
He, and his eponymous business, is legitimate. They are located near Falls Church, VA and I go by it often. They closed the store fronts way back and now concentrate on the import/wholesale portion. I miss the old shop since it had so many great bikes. His Cortina rolllers were excellent. I did ride for NCVC, which he sponsored.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered a roof rack for a VW Scirocco from Mel Pinto around 1982, and he was having a difficult time getting it. He felt bad, so he picked one up for me on a trip to Italy, and brought it back himself. His shop was great in the 80s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.