Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Austin for a few days this week and got to visit Lance's bike shop. The coolest bike shop I ever saw. What an inventory of fixed gear bikes! Bianchi, a house brand fuji framed all black stealth fixed, Swobo sanchez, Trek so ho -- all the bikes I have been wanting to see in person. Work-out / coaching section, locker room, a fitting department on and on. Oh and the Juan Peloto eatery/snack-bar. Next purchase will be on site in Austin, Texas. Wow!

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
David Loving said:
I was in Austin for a few days this week and got to visit Lance's bike shop. The coolest bike shop I ever saw. What an inventory of fixed gear bikes! Bianchi, a house brand fuji framed all black stealth fixed, Swobo sanchez, Trek so ho -- all the bikes I have been wanting to see in person. Work-out / coaching section, locker room, a fitting department on and on. Oh and the Juan Peloto eatery/snack-bar. Next purchase will be on site in Austin, Texas. Wow!
Did you go in the basement? Cool bikes down there too....and the custom fixie Lance bought from the NAHBS that is hanging from the ceiling near the checkout.....

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the basement was cool. I wanted every bike down there! I liked the occasional framed photo of eddy also.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
It really is a great shop. I like that the focus is on urban/commuting/utility bikes, rather than carbon fiber TDF wonderbikes. The coffeeshop is called Juan Pelota. "Pelota" means "ball" in Spanish. Lance only has "Juan" pelota. Get it?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She was a he, thin, kind of international looking and with a tattoo on his neck - but he DID ask about you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts