Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Merckx thinks Landis will win

506 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ~David~ 
#1 ·
Asked if Landis will win, Eddy Merckx responded:
"I think so. If you see the season Floyd's had this year, with his win in California... He's in very good shape, and has very good team. He'll be followed by (Levi) Leipheimer, (Denis) Menchov, and (Christophe) Moreau. Yesterday (Alejandro) Valverde went out and that's a shame."

apparently he also said that tennis is for sissies (I am not kidding)

#2 ·
I hope

...he is right, though I am pulling for Big George. Levi would be good too.

55x11 said:
"I think so. If you see the season Floyd's had this year, with his win in California... He's in very good shape, and has very good team. He'll be followed by (Levi) Leipheimer, (Denis) Menchov, and (Christophe) Moreau. Yesterday (Alejandro) Valverde went out and that's a shame."

#4 ·
55x11 said:

Eddy also said early on that LA could win 7 so he has been right before....an all American podium would be nice to see if just to piss off L'Equipe, won't happen but still.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.