Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my group of riding buddies being somewhat busy people we've wondered how to get a bit more time on the saddle and a bit more time together.

I have a traditional work setup and have been commuting on my bike but one of us works from home, one of us is finishing up college, and one is a stay-at-home mom. So obviously common ground above and beyond the Saturday ride is going to be hard to come by.

We've since created the after work loop and the two times we've done it have been really good. For those with a knowledge of historical computing think token ring networking.

Basically, I live on the west side of town and work is on the east side of town. About a third of the way into my ride home I pick up college guy. We detour towards the north and meet up with stay-at-home mom. We continue on to get work-from-home guy. From there we loop back to drop off college guy, then leave stay-at-home mom, then work-from-home guy goes home, and last I head home myself.

For the other participants it's approximately 13 miles and takes about an hour. Nobody needs to travel first to a specific, central location as the route was designed for basically door-to-door delivery, just with staggered starts. For me it extends a 9.5 mile ride home to a 24 mile ride with friends.

·
Cycling 4 the fun of it.
326 Posts
I think that's wonderful you're able to do that. Sounds like an awesome evening with friends.

The best of life is always within reach. We just need to be able to appreciate life as it comes ( Hard To do) and adjust to make it work our way.

Congrats!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm confused. Do you have your after work beers while pedaling? Or do you crack a beer at each drop off? Each pickup? ---- :idea: ----Both?

Seriously it sounds like a good adaptation as long as the various departures go smoothly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts