Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Incredibly slow
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it is old age, but I seem to remember lusting after frames made by a British company called Merlin back in the late 70s, early 80s. Does anyone else recall these, or own one? I don't think there is any relation to the current Ti bikes.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
bwana said:
Maybe it is old age, but I seem to remember lusting after frames made by a British company called Merlin back in the late 70s, early 80s. Does anyone else recall these, or own one? I don't think there is any relation to the current Ti bikes.
I don't know about the old Merlins, but the company building Ti Merlins started in the late 80s building from in Somerville, MA. They were located right next to Fat City Cycles, where Fat Chance bicycles were made. I think many of the Merlin staff migrated from Fat City. I do not believe they had any connection with another bicycle company, British or otherwise.

Rob Vandermark, founder of Seven Cycles, seemed to be running Merlin when I interviewed there in 1988. I'm not sure who else was in the company hierarchy.

Forbes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts