Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have looked all over the place, including online for these, but can't seem to find them anywhere. I am trying to find specifically a 4mm Hex bit for a 1/4" magnetic driver. I would also like to find other standard metric sizes as well, 3mm, 5mm, etc.. etc..

I broke the one that came in a Performance muti-tool I got a long time ago, but I find it useful to have not only in this tool, but just in general, so I can use it in a screwdriver.

Does anyone know where you can get these? The SAE ones are extremely common, the metric ones however seem to be non-existent..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got a new Sears catalog today...

Sure enough, the 1/4" open stock hex bits are no longer listed. Just as a part of those monster sets.

What a PITA.

A 3/8ths set, and individual open stock bits are still available, though...

PH

·
Registered
677 Posts
Uhhhhhh

Wildstar87 said:
Ok, so I have looked all over the place, including online for these, but can't seem to find them anywhere. I am trying to find specifically a 4mm Hex bit for a 1/4" magnetic driver. I would also like to find other standard metric sizes as well, 3mm, 5mm, etc.. etc..

I broke the one that came in a Performance muti-tool I got a long time ago, but I find it useful to have not only in this tool, but just in general, so I can use it in a screwdriver.

Does anyone know where you can get these? The SAE ones are extremely common, the metric ones however seem to be non-existent..
I just got a set at True Value hardware down the street from my house. 8 bucks I think. They are 3/8" drive, which is the size of both my torque wrenches and my ratchet, so it works out fine.

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts

·
Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
Easy now.

He spelled the word correctly, he just mis-used it. However, the word "retard" is going to get you both moderated if you don't cool it. I respect you both a lot more than that.

·
SoCal--S Beach to the Dam
1,032 Posts
Anti-gravity said:
I just got a set at True Value hardware down the street from my house. 8 bucks I think. They are 3/8" drive, which is the size of both my torque wrenches and my ratchet, so it works out fine.
Speaking of torque wrenches,what the best size to use on our bikes,1/4?

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
For most applications a 1/4 or 3/8 inch drive torque wrench works great. But for higher torque applications you will need a 3/8 or even a 1/2 depending on the torque range.

A wrench that is accurate in the smaller ranges will lose accuracy in the larger ranges and vice versa.

Personally I rarely use torque wrenches on bikes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.