Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live and work downtown. I will probably head out tonight for some miles on the the new Ridley.

I spend a good amount of time on Haines Point. I know Beach drive is open on the weekends.

It would be nice to get some variety. Are there any other decent downtown
rides I'm missing?

· Registered
151 Posts
McCarthur Blvd out to great falls/Potomac. Pick it up in G-town. Try brickyard for a nice climb; also a good climb at the Angler's Inn; continue straight at the top of the hill and you can drop down into the park for another good climb

· Registered
93 Posts
then take Bradley Blvd

JMac said:
McCarthur Blvd out to great falls/Potomac. Pick it up in G-town. Try brickyard for a nice climb; also a good climb at the Angler's Inn; continue straight at the top of the hill and you can drop down into the park for another good climb
Better yet, continue down Falls, make a right on River and then a left on Bradley Blvd. Bradley is a nice and hilly road and dumps you in downtown bethesda, where you can pick up the crescent trail in either direction back to DC (if you go north, you come back on Rock Creek, and if you go south, you come back via Georgetown).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.