Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody ever tried the Miche cassettes with 10s campy? How is the shifting compared to an original campy casette?

thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ran a shimano/miche with chours10 for awhile.... worked great. The spacing on 10 speed stuff is so tight there just isn't much room for for shifting issues

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
they work well

but the alloy versions (the light and pricey ones) wear quickly

·
Registered
44 Posts
So are these Miche cogs individual? The reason I ask is that I know on the Campy Only forum that some people are interested in making a straight block cassette. Can you imagine the fine-tuning, a 10 speed straight block? It would be great for a time trial of flat course...

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Dave

·
naranjito
785 Posts
I have a miche 10 speed cassette for campagnolo, and I don´t like it. I bought it because I needed some seriously low gears for a couple of big rides in the pyrenees (it´s a 13-28), and while it works OK, it´s not as good as a campy cassette or the mavic one I usually use, and it´s twice the weight (a whopping 450grams!) for the same price as the mavic cassette (about 70 euros IIRC). The sprockets are individual, so cleaning and mixing and matching are easy.

foz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts