Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have experience with both the Michelin Krylion Carbon and the Vittoria Rubino Pro? I've been using the Krylion Carbons with great success but with the recent shortage of Krylions Ive been looking around. And yes I know they are starting to make it back onto shelves. I really like the aesthetics of the the Vittoria Rubino Pro in blue.

Does the Rubino Pro wear as well as the Krylion Carbon and is it as puncture resistant? I want a high mileage tire with good puncture protection but at at reasonable weight and a semi low rolling resistance. Im not looking for something as tank like as a Specy Armadillo.

Does anyone who has tried both have a preference? Any thoughts in general?

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Never used Krylions, but RP's are my fav everyday clincher. A couple riders in my club ride Krylions & like 'em. Wear seems pretty similar (3-4k mi).

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
I have used both and was very happy with my Krylions.
When they finally wore out, they were very scarce, so I went to RP Slicks. I have been using them about a year, and have been so happy with them, I doubt I will go back to Krylions.
The RP Slicks are very reasonable from PBK.

VITTORIA RUBINO PRO SLICK
View attachment 158576

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
hoehnt said:
The Krylions are back in production now.
I understand Krylions are now available. That is a good thing!:thumbsup:
However, I like RP Slicks as well or better than the Krylions, and the PBK price for Krylions is $30.87 vs. $20.47 for RP Slicks.
I think I will stay with the RP Slicks for multiple reasons, not the least of which is $Cost.

·
Registered
607 Posts
DS1239622 said:
Anyone out there have experience with both the Michelin Krylion Carbon and the Vittoria Rubino Pro? I've been using the Krylion Carbons with great success but with the recent shortage of Krylions Ive been looking around. And yes I know they are starting to make it back onto shelves. I really like the aesthetics of the the Vittoria Rubino Pro in blue.

Does the Rubino Pro wear as well as the Krylion Carbon and is it as puncture resistant? I want a high mileage tire with good puncture protection but at at reasonable weight and a semi low rolling resistance. Im not looking for something as tank like as a Specy Armadillo.

Does anyone who has tried both have a preference? Any thoughts in general?

Thanks in advance guys and gals!
Where I ride, I wasn’t able to take a Vitt Rub Pro to end of tread life – they always suffered a terminal gash. Finally, one I had on the rear went to end of tread life at 2,500+ miles. Miche Krylions last up to nearly 2,000 miles in comparison.

My tire of choice, though, is the Krylion because it is significantly less puncture-prone compared to the Vitt RP in my experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts