Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Out of work goaltender
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm considering these tires because they sound extremely durable and the roads i end up on seem way too cruddy for pro 2 races (even though they look so much cooler). my concern is that wherever i read descriptions for these tires they only mention it as a training tire and i'd like to do some racing with them. is this possibly due to them being heavier? or riding rougher? thanks.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
If they are like the Carbons, they have a thicker rubber and are made to last longer. They have pretty good Crr though... as I recall about .005 vs ~.004 for the Pro2s and Corsa Cxs. They are better than Continental's best racing tires.

They should be a little bit heavier, but Crr is a much more important concern.

I'd use the Pro2s for racing unless your roads are really bad. Consider getting bigger tires and running reduced pressure (<100psi) if the roads are rough.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have those, 700*23C size.

It is too early to tell but after about 300 km Krylions seem quite robust. I used to ride on Bonrager Race-X-Lite that were on my Madone (lasted about 5000km btw, 4 flats) and those had a number of small cuts and tiny emdedded objects after the same distance as I recall. They were soft, sticky but at expense of easy to cut/puncture. However, Krylions are definitely a harder and heavier rolling tyre compared to Race-X-Lite. I am going by my gut feel here. I bought them for fitness riding/training so for me a little slower is ok if I puncture less and if they last longer than 5000km. They were a bit tough to mount on my Race-X-Lite wheels. Their max recommended pressure, as stated on sidewall, is ~116psi. I ride on 100psi and that seems plenty for these tyres (I weigh 66-67kg plus add clothes).

But so far no regrets but early days yet.

Warning: I read that Carbons (and presumably Krylions too) are not good on wet roads. I use my Tacx trainer on wet days so I am not too fussed about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.