Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aviation Business Ops.
4 Posts
700 X 23C Limited Availabity +...

Hi,

I spoke with "Sabrina" in Portland earlier this morning. According to her, Bike Tires Direct no longer carries any 20C (I use these on my three triathlon bikes and one road bike) tires and the 23C is being phased out too (by the manufacturers)!

Any leads on Michelin Pro (3 or 4) in size 700 X 20C will be appreciated.

Best wishes,

Don

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I spoke with "Sabrina" in Portland earlier this morning. According to her, Bike Tires Direct no longer carries any 20C (I use these on my three triathlon bikes and one road bike) tires and the 23C is being phased out too (by the manufacturers)!

Best wishes,

Don
Are you measurably faster on a 20c than on a 23c tire? If your heart is set on a 20c tire, Amazon has these for $55 apiece. That's pretty steep for the illusion of extra speed.

·
HERKWO
726 Posts
Other than the weight there is not much benefit to the 20c tires. Thus, demand is down & manufacturing is getting away from production of an item no longer desired.
For the diehard 20c fans, tires can be found sparingly. Here are a couple options.
NiagaraCycle: Michelin Pro 4 700 x 20 - $56 ea.
Michelin Pro 4 Tire Black 700 x 20c

Excelsports: Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II - $56 ea.
Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II Tire - Tires - Clincher - Excel Sports
Bikewagon: $40
Continental Grand Prix 4000 Road Bike Tire 700 x 20c Black Chili | Bikewagon

Merlincyles or Ribble: Vittoria Open Corsa Evo (21c) - $34 ea.
https://www.merlincycles.com/vittoria-open-corsa-evo-cx-folding-tyre-700c-61757.html

·
HERKWO
726 Posts
Hi,

Best wishes,

Don
NiagaraCycle: Michelin Pro 4 700 x 20 - $56 ea.
Michelin Pro 4 Tire Black 700 x 20c

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Like always, the soon to be "obsolete" item goes on sale everywhere just before the newest version is released.
Yes - Michelin is coming out with a new amazing tire that saves you 10 watts under certain circumstances. Their claim - not mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.