Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,838 Posts
marc180 said:
anybody know where i can find michelin pro2race tires on the cheap? thanks
I replaced my rear one at 1200 miles.. it was turning in a rectangle. I thought my other rear tire last longer to 1500..

Performance Bikes specials only go to about $42 usually.

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i thought...

that when the tire squares off it is much more likely to blow out at the sidewall. is this incorrect? my current tires are vitorria diamonte pro and they are pretty squared off after ~2000miles. i thought about getting the vitorrias again, but the LBS i shop at said they don't even carry them anymore due to complaints. i NEVER had a flat with mine....maybe i'm lucky (knock on wood). anyway, i went with the pro2races from probikekit.com...super cheap!

· Registered
1,248 Posts
marc180 said:
that when the tire squares off it is much more likely to blow out at the sidewall. is this incorrect?
I wear my rear tires down to the cords before I replace them. I have never had a blow out at the sidewall. Blow outs are caused by cord failure; that has nothing to do with how much rubber you have on the top of the tire.

· Registered
190 Posts
johnny99 said:
When the rear tire starts to square off, it is only half worn out. I don't replace mine until the rubber wears down to the cords.
What kind of tires are you using? Usually what happens to me is I get cuts in the tread and these lead to splits in the tread. Just wondering if you can ignore this with the tires you are using.

· pinoy thunder
342 Posts
Michelin PR 2's don't really get worn down fast but they just get cut up so easily that I've thrown a couple of tires because of it.

The biggest asset of Michelins is low rolling resistance.

Grip is subpar at best.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.