Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked myself up a pair of these tires online. They came in yesterday and I installed them just in time for our Thursday Night Club ride. Holy nice tire. They actually REALLY DO feel better than the Pro Race 2's I had previously on this wheelset. I guess its not hype. Michelin really outdid themselves with this one. I'm going to get more. I'm checking eBay to see if I can get them less expensive. The only downside is that this set cost me $120 with the shipping. I am sure I can get them less expensive somewhere else. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I just put them on my 404's and after about 50 miles over the past few days, I really, really like them. Only problem I found was putting them on my wheels...it took a good bit of effort to get them on. Anyone else have the same problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jcnoble5 said:
I just put them on my 404's and after about 50 miles over the past few days, I really, really like them. Only problem I found was putting them on my wheels...it took a good bit of effort to get them on. Anyone else have the same problem?
Like most new tires, you should always perform a pre-stretch before installing. Makes things go on very easy. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LX302 said:
I never did this before, what is involved? Just pulling on the tire before install?
It's quite simple and saves a ton of time and frustration.

Standing up hold the tire with both hands like you're going to perform an upright row [the shoulder exercise]. Lower the tire to the ground and step on it with both feet. Next, lightly pull on the tire, rotate 6 inches to the left or right [whatever works best for you] and repeat until you've gone a full 360 degrees. Last, install the tire. It will go on very fast if you take the 3-5 minutes to perform this pre-stretching routine for both tires. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
I usually fill the sink with warm water and let the tires float in that for 5 mins while I go and find tire levers and where I put the floor pump last. Works good.
 

·
monkey with flamethrower
Joined
·
821 Posts
I honestly don't think anyone out there could tell a difference between high end tire A and high end tire B other than the placebo affect in terms of the ride and grip of the tire.Some tires are more flat resistant and that is noticeable.I would like to see someone do a study one of these days, identical wheels, identical bike running identical pressures and see if people could pick out what brand tire they are riding on if they weren't told beforehand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rubber Lizard said:
I honestly don't think anyone out there could tell a difference between high end tire A and high end tire B other than the placebo affect in terms of the ride and grip of the tire.Some tires are more flat resistant and that is noticeable.I would like to see someone do a study one of these days, identical wheels, identical bike running identical pressures and see if people could pick out what brand tire they are riding on if they weren't told beforehand.
What a kill joy!:mad:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
181 Posts
I just installed a pair of service course 3's on my Reynolds and they felt great, rolled faster than the vredsteins I had on there, but those were at least a few years old. The dull brown/greys go really well with the Reynolds brownish nude carbon finish too.
 

·
mtbdcd
Joined
·
149 Posts
Rubber Lizard said:
I honestly don't think anyone out there could tell a difference between high end tire A and high end tire B other than the placebo affect in terms of the ride and grip of the tire.Some tires are more flat resistant and that is noticeable.I would like to see someone do a study one of these days, identical wheels, identical bike running identical pressures and see if people could pick out what brand tire they are riding on if they weren't told beforehand.
I agree. At least i cannot. Can't tell the difference between Pro 2's 3's, GP 4000, 4000s, Bontrager X lite. What is impressive about all the latest high end tires is that they puncture so.... much less than high end clinchers of the past..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
master2129 said:
I just picked myself up a pair of these tires online. They came in yesterday and I installed them just in time for our Thursday Night Club ride. Holy nice tire. They actually REALLY DO feel better than the Pro Race 2's I had previously on this wheelset. I guess its not hype. Michelin really outdid themselves with this one. I'm going to get more. I'm checking eBay to see if I can get them less expensive. The only downside is that this set cost me $120 with the shipping. I am sure I can get them less expensive somewhere else. :thumbsup:
:cornut: :cornut:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top