the fist
13,711 Posts
I hear these tires are not bad.
I have avbuddy that uses them. he says they work fine for the past year

I am thinking about it for $20....

·
Lesper4
229 Posts
I ordered two sets, one for my buddie and one for me.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
JohnHenry said:

I am thinking about it for $20....
Who am I kidding?:confused:

I love my Conti's:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got them on my commuter/rain bike. The 25 c size are bigger than most (they are actually slightly wider than 25mm on my rims), and they are very comfortable. Decent puncture resistance, I'd say comparable to the conti gator skins I used before. . For that price, buy them, for sure.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
are these folding tires? and does anyone know the weight on them?

I'll throw these on my SS/beater bike. Does anyone know how these tires compare to Conti Ultra race 700x23 tires? Bike is a Spec tricross singlecross that i use for pavement only.

·
Registered
679 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
are these folding tires? and does anyone know the weight on them?
Oddly, the Michelin website lists them at 300 grams but retailer websites list them at weights varying from 275 to 288 grams.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sanrensho said:
Oddly, the Michelin website lists them at 300 grams but retailer websites list them at weights varying from 275 to 288 grams.
Colour -- we all know the red ones are the fastest and thus lightest.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
my pair in black just arrived today. first thing i did was throw the tire w/o packaging onto the gram scale - 276g. the contact patch seems to be soft, at least softer than my super-light Conti Ultra race tires. those weighed 205g though..

these michilins aren't good enough for me to just retire my perfectly fine commuting/beater tire, but i'll keep them to use once those wear out.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Michelin speedium

darkmother said:
I've got them on my commuter/rain bike. The 25 c size are bigger than most (they are actually slightly wider than 25mm on my rims), and they are very comfortable. Decent puncture resistance, I'd say comparable to the conti gator skins I used before. . For that price, buy them, for sure.
I dont feel these tires handle well in curves, worse than conti's I've tried for example. They are directional. The V grooves reduce tread area and hold tiny stones. They didn't handle well in the rain for me. There are better tires for low price I recommend Vittoria.

·
Registered
255 Posts
JohnHenry said:

I am thinking about it for $20....<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/encode.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (document.referrer) { var ref='?'+encode(document.referrer); } else { var ref=''; }
document.write('
');
//-->
</script>
Yeah, you can't go wrong with this tires.
For $20 they are quite good imo

·
Registered
460 Posts
They are heavy and they do not wear well.

Put one of these tires on as spare until new tires arrived. 200 miles later with a few flats the tires were cut to shreds.

Spend a few dollars more for a Kevlar belted lighter tire.

·
Registered
666 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
doubt that, why would they put it if they didn't need to?
HA!

Well, first of all, in road tires, tread is of little , if any importance. Rubber compound is the major factor. Road tires cannot hydroplane in all practical situations ( I think I remember somebody went through the number crunching and it worked out that in order to be able to hydroplane on a road bike, you had to b going over 100 MPH). So tread patters are mostly cosmetic. Additionally, when road tires have distinct patters , a lot of buyers will have the question " So , do these tires need to go in one particular direction?" And manufacturers, to avoid having to answer the question multiple times, mostly just stamp an arrow somewhere. Now, in fat MTB and cross tires, since you have to dig through mud, sand and other loose surfaces while running low pressures, tread direction has a more important effect.

Here, take a look here.This answers most of the misinformation out there:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tires.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts