Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the oppertunity to get a bunch of these for next to nothing ( $2 a tube )
are these tubes any good? are the light? will they hold up for training? can they be used as a race tube? whats the word on them? is the non-threaded valve an issue?
thanks

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Buy

The Michelin man says yes, yes, yes.

These are good tubes that all three riders in our house use. At $2 a tube stock up.

CC09 said:
...is the non-threaded valve an issue?
Best feature, good pump engagement without tearing up the rubber grommet in the pump head.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
They're my favorite but not always that easy to find. Only one of eight shops in my area carry them. I like them because they are light and have no threads on the stem, easier on the pump chuck.
FWIW the Michelin Ultralites I have were made in France, Taiwan, and Czech Republic.

Al

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
do they lose pressure overnight?

greetings

I ride early mornings (6am or so) for ~3 hours so I pump tyres the night before. Do these tubes hold pressure if I pump say 12 hours before I ride for 3 hours?

thanks

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
acid_rider said:
greetings

I ride early mornings (6am or so) for ~3 hours so I pump tyres the night before. Do these tubes hold pressure if I pump say 12 hours before I ride for 3 hours?

thanks
I pump my Mich. Ultra Lites up every 3 or 4 days. They hold pressure just fine.

·
IndyFab girl
71 Posts
CC09, where are you getting these tubes? I used to get them from Lickton's but they're not carrying them anymore it seems. I need to buy some tubes with threadless stems.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Great tubes because of the unthreaded valve stem won't chew up the pump head grommet. Downside, a little thinner rubber which means greater chance of a flat and this is why they are called "light" or even "ultralight". They are worth at least $6.00/tube. Does this store ship? I'd like to order some. Do you want to post the name/address?

·
IndyFab girl
71 Posts
I just got some from wisecyclebuys.com for $4.95 each. I needed to get some chainrings from them anyway, and I didn't pay extra for shipping. Locally in NY, they're about $8 + tax.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my $2 a tube source isn't a store, sorry guys. One of my teammates who is graduating in a month bought a ton of them and her plans for next year aren't going to allow her to bike all that much, let alone race, so she is selling off most of her stuff. Thanks for the info, im gonna get as many as I can (10 or so I think).

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Under $5

lawrence said:
...I'd like to order some...
You might try http://worldclasscycles.com/tubes_adhesives.htm for Michelin tubes. They have good prices on tires and tubes with lots of package deals. If you are going to mix and match and your needs don't fit neatly into one of their package deals pick up the phone and call, they are very flexible and will give you a fair deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts