1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
Beefed up sidewall protection = harsher ride. I rarely encounter road debris on my rides, so my preference leans toward a better riding tire. My rain bike wears the Pro4 Endurance, which do not ride nearly as smoothly as my regular Pro4's. Both models stick to wet roads very well.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Road Bike Tire Comparison: Continental Grand Prix 4 Season Vs Michelin Pro 4 Endurance v2 Vs Schwalbe Durano

I currently use pro-4 endurance. I'm happy but this brand is being phased out. For the moment I loaded up at a discount, but wondering what current brand is equal to or better than the older pro-4-endurance.
What I noticed is that Michelin eliminated the beefed up side-wall protection.
From my personal experience, the closest tire that resembles the Pro4 Endurance is the Grand Prix 4 Seasons, but with a slight edge going to the Michelin in regards to performance.

I haven't tired the new Power Endurance yet. They are priced similar to the Pro4 Endurance.
https://www.merlincycles.com/michelin-power-endurance-road-tyre-90799.html

Also, the new Power Competition is much better than the Pro4 Service Course and the 4000s II.

·
Registered
363 Posts
In the Michelin Power line there is also the Michelin All Season and Protection+ tires. I can't find a whole lot of information on them but I think the Protection+ is supposed to have side wall protection.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually @ $28 a tire, i just bought a several year supply of the old pro 4 endurance. when something works you stick with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.