Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in western Michigan, Mason County to be exact, in the later part of May. Are there any good long (80 plus) rides in that area. I'm looking for challenging and scenic. I would prefer to start in or around Ludington.
How long far is from Ludington to Traverse City?

·
Registered
20 Posts
just ride billy

BillyGoat said:
I will be in western Michigan, Mason County to be exact, in the later part of May. Are there any good long (80 plus) rides in that area. I'm looking for challenging and scenic. I would prefer to start in or around Ludington.
How long far is from Ludington to Traverse City?
billy...check out the 8 mile (or the 8 ball). I do'd it...you conduit! On a felt (i wear one around my waist) or a crack n' fail, or the iron lung, it make no matter. You can climb like a scared monkey. You my boy

GO BILLY

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8 mile?

Garza, I have heard of you out in Cali. Your riding skills are well respected in the Mt Hamilton area. I would love to check out '8 mile' but am afraid I would not return sans bike. For now the felt is nothing but a pipe dream and I will continue to push on with my Klein and its compact geometry. As you know I do prefer to attack the hills like a 'Scared Monkey', this will not be possible on the gentle rollers of my beloved Michigan. Hopefully you can find the time away from all your charitable work to join of thios leg of my epic journey. Semper Fi Garza!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Long may you run my brother

We’ve been through some things together
With trunks of memories still to come
We found things to do in stormy weather
Long may you run.

Long may you run.
Long may you run.
Although these changes have come
With your chrome heart shining in the sun
Long may you run.

Well, it was back on monte bello
When I last saw you ride
But i missed a shift on that long climb
Long may you run.

Long may you run.
Long may you run.
Long may you run.

Maybe the tri-athletes have got you now
And those aero bars don't let you climb
But you're rollin’ down that flat road
Gettin’ to the finish in record time.

Long may you run.
Long may you run.
Long may you run.

scooter
aka TheGarzaComplex

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

Garza, such wonderful words from a living legend. Long shall you ride my brother. The BillyGoat is not the same riding out there with every Jimmy, Johnny and Donny. For it is only the Garza Complex himself that challenges and amuses the BillyGoat. Take care and hopefully we shall meet on some hilltop in the the nether regions of Nor Cal. mahlo brah!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts