Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
pooh yeah!

usually people with something missing in their lives from a young age.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
2cflyr said:
..need to die, get stabbed in teh livers or just go away.

that is all.

HTH and like that.

happy friday.
Absolutely agree.

While I have your attention, the "h" in happy and "f" in Friday should be capitalized, you used way too many spaces between sentences, not everyone knows what "HTH" stands for, you might lose your audience. Two dots before the beginning of a sentence implies that something came before yet you provide no idead what. The "n" in need also should be capitalized and you should have caught the misspelling of "the."

Please clean this up and send it to me over the weekend.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
2cflyr said:
..need to die, get stabbed in teh livers or just go away.

that is all.

HTH and like that.

happy friday.

I'm voting ...all three....plus a few more ( like eff'ed with a power post hole digger)

·
Ricardo Cabeza
19,731 Posts
my boss is a micromanager. It's really annoying.

I was running a diving job in St Pete, and we were waiting for a front to go through. I was standing in the parking lot of the hotel watching it bear down on us when the boss called and asked what we were doing. When I responded he said indignantly that he was looking at the radar on the internet and the front was already passed us and we needed to get out on the water.

He also runs to the front of the boat when I start pulling the anchor with the winch and pulls the anchor by hand and feeds the line into the winch.

Then there was the time we were running a remote sensing survey and he was on shore and he called me on the phone to tell me we were running the boat too fast. Never mind that I had the $10k navigation system telling me the exact speed I needed to be running.

He doesn't get into the field too much. I have no problem whatsoever when I am running a project telling him to sit down and shut the **** up if I think he is being unsafe.

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
I'm a pretty calm guy, but I really lost it with the last micro-manager I worked for.

Gave him the choice--he could spend his day looking over my shoulder and second-guessing every decision, or he could spend his time doing something that was actually productive for the company--and trust that I would use my own best judgment and look out for the interests of the company.

Surprisingly, he left me alone after that--aside from occasional carping that everything would have worked out better if he had been making all the decisions.:rolleyes:

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
After 25 years in the military, I have seen every kind of manager possible. These days when I get a new division officer reporting to me that I identify as a micromanager, I overload the living sh!t out of them until they step back and realize it's ok to let their people do their jobs. It's a life lesson. The ones that don't learn the lesson eventually burn out and get out.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
terry b said:
Absolutely agree.

While I have your attention, the "h" in happy and "f" in Friday should be capitalized, you used way too many spaces between sentences, not everyone knows what "HTH" stands for, you might lose your audience. Two dots before the beginning of a sentence implies that something came before yet you provide no idead what. The "n" in need also should be capitalized and you should have caught the misspelling of "the."

terry b FTW!

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
What do you expect from someone who posted a thread on omelette orientation? :D

He's anul! (Note ironic mis-spelling)

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
sir duke said:
What do you expect from someone who posted a thread on omelette orientation? :D

He's anul! (Note ironic mis-spelling)

For a mostly English speaking audience, "omelette" might be considered a bit, shall we say, twee.

I'd much appreciate it if the Lounge adopted the more quotidian spelling, "omelet".

Please clean that up and send it to me over the weekend.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
If you just did your job correctly, you wouldn't need to be micromanaged.

·
Registered
663 Posts
bigbill said:
After 25 years in the military, I have seen every kind of manager possible. These days when I get a new division officer reporting to me that I identify as a micromanager, I overload the living sh!t out of them until they step back and realize it's ok to let their people do their jobs. It's a life lesson. The ones that don't learn the lesson eventually burn out and get out.
+1. This works beautifully.

Ask them to source every conceivable type of information and/or support you can. They'll be so busy running around they have no choice but to leave you alone. The added benefit is that they will assume you must be working your butt off if you are asking for so much from them.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
terry b said:
Absolutely agree.

You sound scarily much like the owner of the company I work for. The only difference is that his message would be riddled with spelling mistakes and poor grammar. The guy also complaind about the warehouse not getting cleaned in peak season when everyone is working their butts off getting the shipments ready in time. He really, really likes a clean warehouse.

·
Registered
426 Posts
That was awesome Terry B.

terry b said:
Absolutely agree.

That just struck me as funny
Thanks

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
terry b said:
Absolutely agree.

Have you been peering into my life? This sounds eerily like my manager....

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
snapdragen said:
Have you been peering into my life? This sounds eerily like my manager....
I read that as "have you been peeing into my life".................................

1 - 18 of 18 Posts