Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a returning roadie, been MTB'ing last few years, and I'm looking at a few different options for a new mid-level bike. I don't plan on racing, but may do group rides, and plan on about 100 to 125 miles/week during the season. I'm 6'3" tall, 210 lbs, 36" inseam. I'm leaning towards a Trek, since that is my MTB, which has served me well. I'm open to other brands as well. Looking to spend around $1,000. Bikes I am considering include:

Fuji Newest
Giant OCR 1
KHS Flight 500
Specialized Allez or Sequoia
Tirreno Razza 3.0 (from Performance)
Trek 1500
Trek 2100 (used)
Trek Madone 5.9 (Just kidding, don’t I wish... :D ... )

Your thoughts, comments, and feedback are welcomed.

Thanks,

Andreas

·
Life In the big ring
239 Posts
agast said:
I'm a returning roadie, been MTB'ing last few years, and I'm looking at a few different options for a new mid-level bike. I don't plan on racing, but may do group rides, and plan on about 100 to 125 miles/week during the season. I'm 6'3" tall, 210 lbs, 36" inseam. I'm leaning towards a Trek, since that is my MTB, which has served me well. I'm open to other brands as well. Looking to spend around $1,000. Bikes I am considering include:

Fuji Newest
Giant OCR 1
KHS Flight 500
Trek 1500
Trek 2100 (used)

Thanks,

Andreas
Of the bikes that you've listed, I like the Fuji Finest and the OCR
I used to sell Fuji's and have found them to be a good value.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
IMO you'll get the mostr out of your money with Giant, but out of curiosity, why the OCR and not a TCR?

also, have you looked into Felt's? Don't know much about them, but they're reasonably priced IIRC.

agast said:

Fuji Newest
Giant OCR 1
KHS Flight 500
Trek 1500
Trek 2100 (used)

Thanks,

Andreas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input

Botto, Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the Giant's at my LBS, and will look into felts too. Hadn't considered the TCR due to higher $$$ than I wanted to spend initially.

//atg

botto said:
IMO you'll get the mostr out of your money with Giant, but out of curiosity, why the OCR and not a TCR?

also, have you looked into Felt's? Don't know much about them, but they're reasonably priced IIRC.

·
Registered
741 Posts
agast said:
Botto, Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the Giant's at my LBS, and will look into felts too. Hadn't considered the TCR due to higher $$$ than I wanted to spend initially.

//atg
Check out the Giant TCR 3 or the Felt F5C. They're both great value.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
I'm kinda a broken record on this but it is just hard to beat the bang for the buck of the OCR-1. Seriously.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts