• Ouch, this cannot be good for Slipstream/Millar

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • Kudos to Millar, better toss than Rico's

Votes: 108 67.1%
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
3,245 Posts
culdeus said:
So is a bike tossed over the barrier like a discarded water bottle? First come first serve?
I wouldn't want to be the team guy trying to get that bike from some crazed fan. :D

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
He's no role model acting like this.

· Registered
4,838 Posts
philippec said:
In all fairness, the bike toss was more awesome than his hissy fit on the Angrilu....
didn't riis do a bike toss years ago? I can't get to youtube at work to search on bike toss. haha

It's surely going to be classic

0km - After the dramatics with Millar, Pavel Brutt pulls away and claims a surprise victory at the Tour of Italy!! Brilliant stuff in that final climb from Tinkoff rider, as Johannes Fröhlinger is well behind in second at four seconds off pace!! But what happened to David Millar? We're still waiting to see a replay.

1km - Amazing! With one kilometre left to ride Scotland's David Millar suffers a failure with his bike of some sort!! Nobody can help him, and the frustrated Slipstream rider lifts up his bike and tosses it over a railing in disgust!!

· Registered
1,611 Posts
gizzard said:
I bet the Millar family jewells will be a bit tender tonight. Jokes aside, he is prone to throwing hissy fits periodically. That'll lose him more friends than it'll gain him though.
Millar does get more than his fair share of mechanicals. Remember last year's TdF final ITT where his rear Mavic Cosmic disk wheel blew up (twice), and then in the 2000 TdF prologue in Futuroscope (I recall this from the DVD, could have been another year) his chain came off after the mechanic tinkered with a new crank.

Today's bike toss was classic. The previous poster was dead on, nobody will remember years from now who won the stage, just the bike toss.

· Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
Personally, I love the bike toss. I can totally understand the frustration and motivation, having done it myself with my first mountain bike, at the top of a brutal climb. It's a great release. Of course, I had to climb down into the brush to retrieve my bike so I could get home.

· scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
Yep... just like headbangers love the guitar toss, or the classic guitar smash.... nothing feeds fan frenzy like the stars getting wild and out of control.

Throw your panties, light your lighters.... Millar the bad boy is one step closer to ROCK RACING. Get it.. ROCK n Roll?

Ok, its a stretch.

Nothing to see here.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.