Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miller DNF'd the slalom today in Italy making his Olympics a complete disaster and walking away with a 5th, a 6th, and 3 DNFs or DSQs. Ted Ligety also DNF'd this morning in Italy, but as we know he did take gold in the combined event, which was kick arse. Raich from Austria is leading after the first run, but the event has not been completed yet. Ligety, had he not straddled a gate near the top, would have been near the top of the leaderboard. Well, there is always the rest of the world cup season, and Vancouver in another 4 years to hunt for gold medals.

http://www.skiracing.com/news/news_display.php/3556/ALPINE

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
magnolialover said:
Miller DNF'd the slalom today in Italy making his Olympics a complete disaster and walking away with a 5th, a 6th, and 3 DNFs or DSQs. Ted Ligety also DNF'd this morning in Italy, but as we know he did take gold in the combined event, which was kick arse. Raich from Austria is leading after the first run, but the event has not been completed yet. Ligety, had he not straddled a gate near the top, would have been near the top of the leaderboard. Well, there is always the rest of the world cup season, and Vancouver in another 4 years to hunt for gold medals.

http://www.skiracing.com/news/news_display.php/3556/ALPINE
Bode hasn't done well? I hadn't read anything about that here. Maybe you can meet him at the airport when he arrives home with a big sign saying: "FRIGGIN LOSER" or something like that.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Bode hasn't done well? I hadn't read anything about that here. Maybe you can meet him at the airport when he arrives home with a big sign saying: "FRIGGIN LOSER" or something like that.
\

How did you know? We've got room for one more, if you don't mind our incessant head spinning chants of "Bode Sucks, Bode Sucks..." :p

Bode did win one thing in Torino...his place on the list of biggest Olympic disappointments of all-time. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...02/16/gallery.disappoint/index.1.exclude.html

Bode made his own bed... Perhaps this will motivate him to train a little harder and take Vancouver a little more seriously...

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
but Bode says.....

Define "rocking" please, does he mean falling like a rock?
"It does matter that it's the Olympics. I just did it my way. I'm not a martyr, and I'm not a do-gooder. I just want to go out and rock. And man, I rocked here."

"The same people who recognize I came out with no medals should recognize I could have won three."

"Look at what happened to Rahlves. He was holed up in his RV, he's probably the fittest guy out here and he made a point of talking about how important the Olympics were to him," Miller said. "And then look - a little bad luck and he's got nothing to show for the whole thing..."
"...Me, it's been an awesome two weeks," Miller said. "I got to party and socialize at an Olympic level."
See it's just we forgot what the Olympics are all about and he wanted to remind us.

Just so I'm not accused of not providing context for these comments...Article here

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
i got nothin' to do wit dis, i'm just channeling. etc etc. so don't execute the messenger. unless it's death by sex. etc etc...

"Yes Bode Miller should arrive at the closing ceremony with a flag that reads, 'I am a [email protected]' Bode Miller was a clusterfark, a lush and again, his quotes display his high level of stoopidity. Role model for youth? Representing his country to the highest honor? No and no. Instead Miller, 'Partied at an Olympic level'. Poor Tom Brokaw must have sat there during his interview of Bode feeling a lot like Mr. Hand. Really, could Bode find Cuba on a map?

Bode Miller made the least of his opportunity. World Cup? Two words that pale in comparison to 'Olympic Champion'. His scam of 'Join Bode' and 'Live the Bode Way' are weak representation, fake, just like the two out of five races he actually completed (note, completed, not competed).

He rationalizes even further that, "Look at what happened to (Daron) Rahlves...He was holed up in his RV, he's probably the fittest guy out here and he made a point of talking about how important the Olympics were to him. And then look -- a little bad luck and he's got nothing to show for the whole thing.'' Yeah Bode, but Rahlves knows something that you do not: That he gave it his all with a trained body, a sound mind, a sober/party-free attempt and a clear conscience.

Bode Miller's biggest hit was on a Playboy Playmate, during which he gave the finger to the photographer. Bode's greatest shot was during a pick-up basketball game.

Bode could still learn, he has a lot of that to do and Apolo Ohno offers, "I'm 23 years old," Ohno said. "I'd like to have a social life, but that's pretty much out the window in an Olympic year. There's a lot of things you give up, but for days like this (Gold and Bronze), it's worth it."

"Man, I rocked here" said Miller of The Olympics. Yeah Bode, yeah man, it's Miller time. 'Live the Bode Way' says his website. No thanks Bode, no thanks bro."

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
i got nothin' to do wit dis, i'm just channeling. etc etc. so don't execute the messenger. unless it's death by sex. etc etc...

"Yes Bode Miller should arrive at the closing ceremony with a flag that reads, 'I am a [email protected]' Bode Miller was a clusterfark, a lush and again, his quotes display his high level of stoopidity. Role model for youth? Representing his country to the highest honor? No and no. Instead Miller, 'Partied at an Olympic level'. Poor Tom Brokaw must have sat there during his interview of Bode feeling a lot like Mr. Hand. Really, could Bode find Cuba on a map?

Bode Miller made the least of his opportunity. World Cup? Two words that pale in comparison to 'Olympic Champion'. His scam of 'Join Bode' and 'Live the Bode Way' are weak representation, fake, just like the two out of five races he actually completed (note, completed, not competed).

He rationalizes even further that, "Look at what happened to (Daron) Rahlves...He was holed up in his RV, he's probably the fittest guy out here and he made a point of talking about how important the Olympics were to him. And then look -- a little bad luck and he's got nothing to show for the whole thing.'' Yeah Bode, but Rahlves knows something that you do not: That he gave it his all with a trained body, a sound mind, a sober/party-free attempt and a clear conscience.

Bode Miller's biggest hit was on a Playboy Playmate, during which he gave the finger to the photographer. Bode's greatest shot was during a pick-up basketball game.

Bode could still learn, he has a lot of that to do and Apolo Ohno offers, "I'm 23 years old," Ohno said. "I'd like to have a social life, but that's pretty much out the window in an Olympic year. There's a lot of things you give up, but for days like this (Gold and Bronze), it's worth it."

"Man, I rocked here" said Miller of The Olympics. Yeah Bode, yeah man, it's Miller time. 'Live the Bode Way' says his website. No thanks Bode, no thanks bro."
it seems that people with any form of the last name millar/miller are screwing up left and right now-a-days

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
mickey-mac said:
How's about Elvis? Rasputin? D.B. Cooper?
Elvis is flippin' burgers at some joint in Florida, Rasputin is in a jar in some sideshow, and DB Cooper is living the highlife in Tahiti.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
mickey-mac said:
It's hard to engage in any major shenanigans when you're dead, unless of course you're Andy Kauffman.
I'm still not sure I believe Andy's dead........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts