Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming to town on the 23rd of May for a conference. Does anyone know of a LBS that rents bikes and any routes that are easy to follow? I will be staying near the Midwest Airlines Convention Center.
Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
194 Posts
North along the lake

I think that north along Lake Michigan is probably your best bet. A very nice ride is the ride up to Port Washington. Our taxes are ridiculous here, but in exchange, we get maps like these:

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/bike-foot/countymaps.htm

32 and Hwy C will take you from Downtown (where you are staying) through Milwaukee and Ozaukee Counties to Port Washington. I think it's about 40 or 50 miles round trip and along the way you'll see the homes of the beer barons and manufacturing magnates that built this city, and you get to see some of the big red barns that give the State its "America's Dairyland" moniker. The only probelm with this ride is that the wind can blow pretty strong out of the south in the spring here. You could be fighting a head wind all the way home.

As far as bike rentals go, two of my favorite bike stores are Bens' Cycles and Crank Daddy's. Both are close to where you are staying. I don't know if either will have bikes to rent.

Have fun.

kg1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.