Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have real riding experience with this frame or company. I know the frames are made by waterford very reputable, with nice ox platinum tubes. I just bought a steel volagi viaje that my friend really likes but is looking for something different in a steel frame and this appealed to him. A little less expensive than a gunnar but made by the same company. This is the frame he is looking at Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Milwaukee ROAD Frame Builder which includes frame, fork, headset and bottom bracket installed for $995 and free shipping. If I was in the market that sounds pretty good, but not to many reviews online is the reason for asking. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
No idea but I agree it looks like a good deal for a good frame.

Cool that it takes 32mm tires. Though if your friend wants a super aggressive race handling bike the fact it takes such big tires might be an indication this ain't one of those. Kind of guessing there.

I'd definitely take a chance on that if I wanted a new steel frame and the geo fit me.

I'd probably go the extra for a gunner if I could benefit from there being many more sizes to choose from.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea but I agree it looks like a good deal for a good frame.

Cool that it takes 32mm tires. Though if your friend wants a super aggressive race handling bike the fact it takes such big tires might be an indication this ain't one of those. Kind of guessing there.

I'd definitely take a chance on that if I wanted a new steel frame and the geo fit me.

I'd probably go the extra for a gunner if I could benefit from there being many more sizes to choose from.
Thanks for the reply. He is looking for a new winter bike like I did with the volagi. He wants a new frameset transfer parts from another bike which he has + he can pick the color. He normally rides a 56cm with 120mm stem. On the morning of a 65 mile cancer ride he had broke his chain took his seat and seatpost off and put it on his wife's 52cm 90mm stem bike ride the bike o thon and wasn't even sore and he rode really well so sizing shouldn't be a problem.
On another thread you relied to I would up having the lbs retension, stress, re dish the disc wheels that came with the used bike I bought and everything seems good now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts