Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... or how future champions are made.....,<a href="http://www.i-services.net/membres/forum/messages.php?uid=20910&sid=8863&idsalon=222634&idsujet=1264996&page_index=0">great set of pictures</a> from the "Mini" Paris Roubaix for different Junior and below age categories held last week-end.

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In fact, they are just finishing a shortened version of Paris-Roubaix, cobbles and all, in the Roubaix velodrome. The young sprites had just the final cobbled section to ride but as the age categories went up, so too went the number of kms of pavé - as witnessed by the muddied junior riders from the Rabo development squad in the final pics.

G

·
That is one of the coolest set of race pics I have seen in a while. Awesome to see kids out riding instead of playing video games.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Incredible photos! I love the kids facial expressions. And a few girls were racing too! Maybeif more of our kids had grown up riding in pink team kits they would be less likely to want to run us off the road.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
philippec said:
In fact, they are just finishing a shortened version of Paris-Roubaix, cobbles and all, in the Roubaix velodrome. The young sprites had just the final cobbled section to ride but as the age categories went up, so too went the number of kms of pavé - as witnessed by the muddied junior riders from the Rabo development squad in the final pics.
Even better! I love how they gave even the little kids a small trophy with a chunk of pave' on it :thumbsup:

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
That's awesome. I really need to get my son into racing. He has been asking about it, and I thought he was too young (he's 10). Guess he's actually late to the party...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.