Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a one inch headtube 17.3cm long. A (full carbon) fork I'm considering buying has been cut to 23cm long. Is this long enough? Thanks.

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
Depends....

merckxman said:
I have a one inch headtube 17.3cm long. A (full carbon) fork I'm considering buying has been cut to 23cm long. Is this long enough? Thanks.
on the stack height of the headset, type of stem and how many spacers you are going to use.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a King headset.....

......which I re-use for this purpose. Stem I would have to buy in any case. What do you think???? Thanks!
the bull said:
on the stack height of the headset, type of stem and how many spacers you are going to use.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
merckxman said:
......which I re-use for this purpose. Stem I would have to buy in any case. What do you think???? Thanks!
173mm head tube + 28.0mm for King headset + 35mm for Al FSA stem + 3mm for cap inset = 23.9cm. - TF

EDIT: Bull's right - subtract the 3mm= 23.3cm. - TF

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
Allright...

Your steer is 173mm and a CK 1" headset is 28mm a deda newton stem is about 35mm
So thats....236mm. then subtract 2mm so it is below the stem for the top cap.....

your gonna need 234 at least and thats without spacers....

I would not risk it, Unless you can find a stem that is not as tall, it just too close!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts