Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
23,049 Posts

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it heavy enough to move your sunglasses, thus you have to adjust your sunglasses?

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's great. I am planning to get a sunglasses mount. My only concern is will it fit on the odd shape of the Oakley.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Michaels is where I get my mirrors. I started out only making eyeglass mounted mirrors but kept getting requests for a helmet mounted version. Since then I've become a convert to the helmet version, mainly because I've got a lot of sunglasses and when I change glasses I don't have to worry about the mirror fitting the other pair of glasses. They both work the same, but if you wear prescription glasses it can cause the glasses to tilt and the mirror can weigh them down. That's why I make 3 models small and large in the eyeglass model and a helmet mount.

MikeH

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157624898906957/

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be a little wary of being in a crash with a bottlecap that close to my eyes.
Looks kind of sharp. Maybe I worry too much?
Anything can happen in a crash so I suppose the mirror could come in contact with your face, but for the bottle cap to hit you in the eye the spoke would have to collapse inward and for that to happen, the forces involved would be pretty excessive. Resulting injuries beyond what the bottle cap could cause.

Usually what would happen is the mirror would rotate on the glasses or helmet and drop away. Besides your sunglasses should provide you with some protection.

The one time I crashed wearing an eyeglass mirror, was when I touched wheels with the guy in front and I immediately went down. Fortunately I hit the ground and rolled and the mirror stayed put on the sunglasses.

YMMV, like I said it could happen, but I haven' heard of it yet. For any type of mirror, helmet or eyeglass.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts

·
Registered
23,049 Posts
I'd be a little wary of being in a crash with a bottlecap that close to my eyes.
Looks kind of sharp. Maybe I worry too much?
The mirror would pop off before entering your eyes. Besides, your eyeglasses are protecting your eye. Are your lenses shatter proof? If not, then I'd be more worried about the lense than the mirror.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.