Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a on line source to have some lenses made. I have used sportrx in the past, but was wondering if there are any others with more advanced coatings, like what Oakley offers. I'm looking for a two tone colored mirror look. Every place I have found has the one color mirror look.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Assuming your prescription allows, go with contacts... trust me on this one. I waited until I was 45 to get lenses, and have spent the last few years kicking myself for waiting that long. The ability to buy whatever sunglasses, scuba mask, snow goggles, etc is just great.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suffer from dry eyes and can't use contact lenses...Wish I could!
Assuming your prescription allows, go with contacts... trust me on this one. I waited until I was 45 to get lenses, and have spent the last few years kicking myself for waiting that long. The ability to buy whatever sunglasses, scuba mask, snow goggles, etc is just great.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I suffer from dry eyes and can't use contact lenses...Wish I could!
I also have the condition "dry eyes... or AKA old eyes". There are some drops that really aid in the use of contacts. I only wear contacts during sports... like cycling.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I wore contacts until around 45 when presbyopia started setting in, which required reading glasses while wearing contacts. I'm moderately nearsighted and can read and use the computer without correction, so I quit using contacts/reading glasses and now only use glasses for distance. They are progressive bifocals that have essentially no correction in the bottom section. This allows seeing my Garmin, route sheet etc.

Mirror coatings do nothing for optical performance that can't be achieved with tint. They're essentially only cosmetic. They are available as an add-on to prescription lenses. Check with your optometrist or some larger optimist shops. I know you can find them on-line.

I have prescription dive masks. Wearing contacts was kind of problematic. Way too easy to lose them when you take the mask off in or under the water.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My eyes are a mess. After two eye surgeries to remove pterygium from sun damage, I was told no contacts. There is a RX for dry eyes called Restasis that I have to go on soon.

When did you last try contacts, if at all? The newest Acuvue Moist and Acuvue TruEye are phenomenal lenses. Go to your OD and ask for a free trial. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.