Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am Lardbutt????"

Greg Taylor dropped Miss M's new jersey (likely the smallest one they ever ordered) off at the shop last nite. The justly famous "Team Lardbutt" now has a new member.

Miss M only wants to know one thing, "Do I get to eat pork fat?"

·
Done
4,589 Posts
Way To Go Miss M!

Yes, that IS the smallest jersey that we have ever ordered. The Lardbutts have been pushing the envelope on "Club Fit" for a while now...

We are very proud to have Miss M in a Lardbutt jersey.

Things to tell people when they ask you "Why Lardbutt?"

-- "Why NOT "Lardbutt?"

-- "When you go Lardbutt, you never go back, baby."

-- "It takes a big butt to push a big gear!"

-- "We're all from a small town in Virginia. Lard Butt is next to Big Butt and Droopy Butt. Where y'all from?"

-- "It's a tragic typo. We ordered these jerseys from a little shop in Italy. The guy couldn't read our handwriting and, not speaking English, he didn't know what it was that he was printing. It was supposed to say "Team Hardbutt". We still haven't paid the guy..." [I actually told this to a reporter for the Amissville Gazette a couple of years ago -- BikeVirginia had a rest stop in town, and the local reporter saw us scarfing up a frightening amount of cookies and decided to do an interview. Her first question was "Where did you get the team name?" She busily scribbled all of this nonsense down. After I finished my tale, she looked up from her note pad and saw my buddies (and the ladies manning the rest stop) cracking up. She asked "Did that really happen...?" and I responded "Well, it does makes a pretty good story, doesn't it?"]

·
Registered
132 Posts
MB1 said:
I am Lardbutt????"

Greg Taylor dropped Miss M's new jersey (likely the smallest one they ever ordered) off at the shop last nite. The justly famous "Team Lardbutt" now has a new member.

Miss M only wants to know one thing, "Do I get to eat pork fat?"
Gees I am ready to put one of those, can I have one too Greg? I stepped on the weights yesterday and saw the damage: 10lbs, thanks to broken rib, 8 weeks off the bike and 1500mi short. Anyone is up for a century on wednesday?

·
Done
4,589 Posts
We did a run of them this winter...

...for the guys and gals on the Lardbutt E-mail list. The jerseys are nice, but the shorts turned out KILLER. Hoooeeee. Not for the shy.

Right now, all of the jerseys and shorts are spoken for. We've kicked around the thought of doing a run and trying to sell them to all comers, but the minimum run is 25, and you have to print up a whole bunch to be able to offer them at a price where you make a reasonable return for your effort. Plus we had visions of getting stuck with a bunch of sportswear....so the dream of being able to offer the 'Butt-wear line of cycling apparel is likely to remain that -- just a dream.

I'd be glad to let folks know when we do another run...

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
What would they go for?

I might be interested when you do another run. What was the cost on these? Can you post a pic of the shorts? Love the look!

·
Done
4,589 Posts
Thanks -- it was done by one of the Original 'Butts...

633 said:
I might be interested when you do another run. What was the cost on these? Can you post a pic of the shorts? Love the look!
The jerseys worked out to $64. I can't remember what we paid for the shorts.

Hopefully, there is an image of the shorts attached to this. The blue matches the jersey. The best part is that the word "Lard" is centered over your rump when you are in down in the drops and hammerin'

All sales outside of the normal Lardbutt Family must be approved by the Synod of Cheeky Cyclists...in other words, there would have to be a "it's cool" from the guys before I could promise to sell jerseys to the RBR faithful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.