Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
More carbon fiber please!
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A salesman where I work came in after lunch and told me he'd stopped on the highway and rescued the remnants of a Scott road bike. Since tonight is a RAGBRAI stop here in town I'm sure someone was sick to their stomach when they pulled into the campsite and walked back to find a bike gone. Hopefully when he stops by the lost & found area this evening there will be a very happy biker reunited with their ride. It's a bit wounded, but the frame didn't appear broken at least with a quick glance.

·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds like this ended well. Got back to work today and the salesman said by the time he was ready to take off and find the lost & found there was already an article in the daily paper about a bike being stolen from the campsite at Hawkeye Community College. Bike and rider were reunited. Kind of a quick lol though... the rider reported the bike as a $7K bike. I'd need to check the notes from my salesman... but I'd think a CF frame even with DA and Flashpoint FP60 wheelset is not quite $7K? More like maybe $5-5500??? Maybe he was disappointed that it was found, lol.

·
9,790 Posts
been200mph said:
Sounds like this ended well. Got back to work today and the salesman said by the time he was ready to take off and find the lost & found there was already an article in the daily paper about a bike being stolen from the campsite at Hawkeye Community College. Bike and rider were reunited. Kind of a quick lol though... the rider reported the bike as a $7K bike. I'd need to check the notes from my salesman... but I'd think a CF frame even with DA and Flashpoint FP60 wheelset is not quite $7K? More like maybe $5-5500??? Maybe he was disappointed that it was found, lol.
Scott Addict R1 - $6550
Scott Addict RC - $9850
Scott CR1 SL - $6000

·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was an R2 with a retail of $5500. Then had the FP60's on for wheels. Thus if you take retail on both it would be $7K if you didn't subtract the price of the original K's from the equation. Looks like you can find the R2's for about $3500 or so. I just read the Friday paper and it said he went to the bathroom and came out to find it gone, ouch. Google search shows he's a CAT4 guy from Liberty, MO. Looks like he can hopefully get by with a new saddle, and maybe bar & tape plus right side shifter. I didn't look close to see if there was any frame/fork damage but nothing major jumped out at me. I know I'd be sick to walk out and find my bike gone and I'm glad he has it back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts