Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,324 Posts
Creakyknees said:
yeah but carbon bikes are faster.
With white bar tape, it is far faster still....sides CF bike esplode when left out in teh sun for too long.

·
Administrator
13,146 Posts
actually most of the article has since been refuted or clarified- much like every other Bicycling article.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Anything out of "Bicycling" is widely known to be total crap.

·
Registered
577 Posts
MIT ISN'T EXACTLY AN ATHLETIC POWERHOUSE. DO YOU EVER FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO PROVE AT RACES?

Cote: It's not as much about proving that we're strong cyclists as it is about proving that it's not just being strong that makes you a good cyclist.

We dont need to be strong when we've got gadgets MEh Meh MEeEEhhhh!

After you beat me in a sprint lets have a face kicking contest.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The magazine is irrelevant, its who did the research and the methods that matter. Only recently have we in the Doc biz taken "evidence based medicine " seriously. You would be surprised how many things Doctors or cyclists do based on no evidence at all. How many years did you pump your tires up to 150lbs because, naturally, harder means less rolling reistance?

·
your god hates me
1,602 Posts
I remember reading that article when it came out in print. My favorite factoid from their wind tunnel tests was this one:

"On a round-tubed frame, having a bottle on your seat tube is more aerodynamic than not having one at all, and it's much more aero than putting it on the down tube. "

·
Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
MIT? Seriously. MIT? Pfffffffft.

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,434 Posts
Shave it

russotto said:
Depends on how aero your head is. Anyone had theirs tested?
I was thinkin about shaving my hair into a mohawk-type aerodynamic doo. Whaddyathink?? Instead of spend $2000 on a set of Lew CF wheels, just go to Bo-rics and spend $8 on a cheap haircut???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.